Solar Homes is seeking a Solar Technician who will be responsible for the commissioning, preventative and corrective maintenance of Photovoltaic (PV) inverters, string boxes, solar panels and other components. Also installing on customers roofs via racking system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance of Photovoltaic (PV) inverters, string boxes and solar panels and other components.
- Assist in the commissioning of the solar array and monitoring systems during project installation, Ensure that PV systems are set up correctly.
- Install hardware, PV modules, inverters and monitoring equipment.
- Perform commissioning of inverters and inspection of solar panels.
- Mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment.
- Respond to corrective maintenance cases on PV inverters, string boxes and solar panels. This includes troubleshooting, testing, and repairing activities.
- Calibrate electronic components and pneumatic transmitters and controllers and maintain and submit records.
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Perform voltage testing using appropriate PPE and procedures.
- Prepare reports, if needed to comply with deliverables in O&M contracts.
- Help in all areas of preventative and corrective maintenance as directed by manager with minimal supervision.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, maintenance and safety.
- In the performance of your duties, use equipment and resources in accordance with instructions provided by the company.
- Follow procedures, instructions and work orders as part of your normal work functions
- Maintains adherence to Company policies, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management.
- Carry out any other tasks delegated by the company.
- Ensure tasks are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management and environmental, health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Layout and racking complete and designed and installed correctly
- Previous solar experience preferred.
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PV systems preferred.
- Experience installing all types of grid-tier inverters and be able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems preferred.
- Experience in PV Component performance and HALT testing preferred
- Familiarity with electrical plans and field layouts
- PV System site inspection experience
- Electrical knowledge/training preferred.
- Must have understanding of NEC codes that relate to PV installations.
- May perform required travel for extended periods at a time.
- Must have good prioritization, organization, analytical and planning skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be flexible, be able to adapt to new situations, have self-control and have high integrity.
- Must have Self-Control, be self-motivated and have initiative.
- On the roof install or service experience
- Organizational awareness
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift 60 pounds, and able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, crawling, , working in limited illumination areas, working in dusty conditions are required
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills including familiarity with MS Office programs (e.g. Excel and Word).
- Associate’s degree in a technical field required. At least 1 year experience required, in lieu of degree.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations
- OSHA-10, NFPA 70E, First Aid/CPR, QEW certificates. NABCEP
- Must have clean DMV record and ability to operate service trucks as required.
- Location: Florida
Previous solar experience preferred.
Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PV systems preferred.
OSHA-10, NFPA 70E, NABCEP, First Aid/CPR, QEW certificates.
Must have clean DMV record and ability to operate service trucks as required.
Must have basic computer skills including familiarity with MS Office programs (e.g. Excel and Word).
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Construction: 1 year
- Electrical: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications: